Video tutorial & screenshots
The following review written by one of the Software Informer contributors applies to version 3.8
DiskBoss can help you manage your disks. Its interface is very similar to that of Windows File Manager, so you will not find any difficulty to navigate through your system’s partitions and files.
In addition, there is a toolbar with quite self-explainatory buttons to perform the available functions.
In many respects, DiskBoss is more versatile than the Windows built-in file managing application. It includes a much more powerful search function, allowing you to use multiple search rules. It also lets you synchronize contents between two locations using various advanced methods. It can also analyze a given location and classify its contents according to its type; then, it displays you information on how much of your disk is occupied by each file type. Moreover, it can also let you manage file duplicates by detecting them automatically; duplicates can be deleted, replaced by shortcuts, moved to a specified directory or compressed. Finally, it allows cleaning your disk by erasing temporary files and your browser’s cache. As it supports S.M.A.R.T., this program can also provide you with useful information about your disks.
In general, DiskBoss is a highly recommended disk-managing application. It is both intuitive and powerful. Unfortunately, although it allows regular operations as copying, cutting and pasting, they are not obvious from the program interface as there are no buttons or menu commands for these. However, you can always drag and drop contents or use keyboard shortcuts instead.
- It is easy to use.
- It allows searching using various rules.
- It lets you synchronize contents between two locations.
- It can analyze the contents of a given location.
- It can manage duplicates.
- It supports S.M.A.R.T.
- Copying, pasting and cutting operations are not obvious from the interface.
What's new in version 5.0
- Adds built-in disk performance benchmarking capabilities
- Improves user-defined file management commands
- Improves the main DiskBoss GUI application
- Improves the DiskBoss command line utility
- Fixes a number of bugs
What's new in version 4.2
- It adds a high-performance directory scanning mode for all types of analysis operations. In addition it adds a built-in reports database, summary reports and an AES-256 encrypted network protocol for DiskBoss Server, adds the ability to customize the reports date format, adds the ability to customize the CSV reports delimiter and fixes a number of bugs.
What's new in version 3.3
Adds the ability to elevate directory scanning permissions allowing one to analyze and search files in disks and directories protected by ACL access control lists. In addition, the new version adds the ability to scan hidden network shares and adds the ability to perform file management operations on lists of files.
What's new in version 3.1
DiskBoss adds the ability to replace duplicate files with NTFS hard links, compress duplicate files and compress and move duplicates to another directory. In addition, the new product version adds the disk SMART viewer to the server product version, improves the file properties dialog and fixes a number of bugs. The new version adds full support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, improves the DiskBoss Server API and adds a number of visual improvements to the DiskBoss main GUI application.
What's new in version 3.0
DiskBoss v3.0 adds a built-in disk SMART viewer, a built-in HEX editor, pie charts to all types of PDF reports and new customization options to the main GUI application. In addition, the new version adds full support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, improves the DiskBoss Server API and adds a number of visual improvements to the DiskBoss main GUI application.
What's new in version 2.5
- adds the ability to categorize disk space analysis results, file classification results and detected duplicate files by the file creation date, last modification date and last access date. In addition, the new product version improves all types of PDF reports and fixes a number of minor bugs.
What's new in version 2.0
DiskBoss v2.0 is a major product update providing a large number of new features and visual improvements including fully redesigned file search operations and significantly improved disk space analysis, file classification, file integrity monitoring and duplicate files search and removal operations.
DiskBoss is a free program that allows you to perform disk space utilization analysis, file classification, high-speed file synchronization and data migration, bulk file delete and secure data wiping, duplicate files search and cleanup,, disk change monitoring and policy-based file management.
Leave a comment